Chałas & Partners Law Firm offers comprehensive support of its Clients in relation to management of Internet domains. We offer assistance at the stage of selection and registration of a domain as well as in case of infringement of a domain by third parties, including:
- Registration of Internet domains.
- Analyses and opinions in respect of possible infringements of third parties’ rights through registration of a domain.
- Preparing letters of notice in case of infringement of a domain.
- Participation in arbitration procedure, mediations and negotiations in case of infringement of a domain.
- Preparing assignment agreements, licensing agreements and other agreements concerning a domain.
Is it worth protecting a domain as a trademark?
Yes. Obtaining a right to a word mark (name of a domain) definitely strengthens its protection, particularly in case of a necessity to conduct court proceedings.
Who deals with domain registration?
Supervision of domains, including their registration, is carried out by organisations designated for that purpose. At a global level, ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is such an organisation. In the European Union .eu domains are supervised by EURID (European Registry for Internet Domains), an organisation established by the European Union. In Poland domains are supervised by NASK (Research and Academic Computer Network).