1. General Corporate
CHWP Law provides comprehensive legal services for all business entities in relation to day-to-day corporate matters. Our Clients include Polish and international companies, both publicly listed and privately held, active in an assortment of sectors.
Our advice includes:
- establishing Polish and foreign business entities, including global holdings,
- intra-group mergers, reorganizations and liquidations,
- operation of a company’s governing bodies and drafting documents such as statutory documentation, resolutions, internal by-laws and shareholder agreements,
- corporate governance, risk management and compliance,
- changes in the companies’ ownership structure, including non-standard increases in share capital, mandatory share purchase and share redemption,
- joint-ventures, and
- drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements (sale, supply, distribution, agency, framework contracts etc.).
2. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
CHWP Law represents both investors, sellers and target entities in M&A transactions. We offer a full range of advisory services in all stages of the transaction, from legal due diligence to negotiation to closing. We advise on all aspects of the transaction:
- mergers, divisions, transformations and liquidations of companies, and
- share deals, asset deals, including deals with involvement of various international entities.
Legal services rendered in relation to M&A transactions include in particular:
- due diligence,
- raising and structuring finance,
- drafting and negotiating a transaction documentation, including Letters of Intent, Shareholder Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements and Asset Purchase Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Escrow Account Agreements, and other corporate actions related to the transaction,
- antitrust regulations,
- employment restructuring and other employment law issues, and
- tax advisory.
3. Private Equity and Venture Capital
Our transactional lawyers provide pragmatic and proactive advice to variety of financial investors, including private equity and venture capital funds.
We provide comprehensive legal services in all stages of transactional process, starting from deal structuring, legal due diligence phase, through negotiations, execution and further exit, including MBO, LBO, MBI and BIMBO.
CHWP Law’s offices in Warsaw, Cracow and Łódź (Poland), Berlin (Germany), Almaty (Kazakhstan) and Kyiv (Ukraine) are comprised of business-oriented multilingual lawyers focused on the CEE private equity and venture capital market. Our goal is to step beyond commonly used frameworks and provide innovative and bespoke solutions ensuring legal and tax effectiveness and security, as well as accomplishment of strategic business objectives.
One of our great merits is that we are always both time and cost effective.
4. M&A (W&I) Insurance
Our transactional team provides comprehensive legal services in relation to specialist insurance solutions for M&A risks.
We advise on legal aspects concerning a variety of transaction insurance products including warranty & indemnity, tax liability, contingent risk, environmental liability and real estate (including title). We assist insurance companies, as well as sellers and buyers at any stage of a transaction, from the initial offer and due diligence through the underwriting process to late-stage sticking points in negotiation.
Our experience lets us identify M&A deal risks subsequently drafting, negotiating and adapting policy terms for the specific risks and challenges an M&A transaction presents.